Canary Wharf’s Platinum Dental Care are now offering air polishing to patients who want to remove stains on the front and back of their teeth and bring back that healthy white smile in 2015.
The Air Flow Polishing treatment that was developed by Swiss company E.M.S. Electro Medical Systems will be carried out by new hygienist, Yana who has recently joined the practice. Air Polishing was originally developed way back in 1945 as a new form of dental technology by Dr Robert Black. Dr Black’s technology was developed and was finally marketed in the mid 1970’s; to quickly becoming a popular stain removal treatment used by dental hygienists in many practices worldwide to this day.
What exactly is air polishing?
Air polishing is a procedure, used by dental hygienists in many practices. The hygienist uses a jet which is compressed air and water to deliver a controlled stream of specially processed sodium bicarbonate or glycine powders in through the hand piece nozzle. Fine particles of powders are propelled by compressed air in a warm spray and directed onto the surfaces of the teeth. This pressurized jet of air; water and powder help remove staining caused by plaque, tea, coffee, red wine, tobacco and other soft deposits such as food particles trapped in between the teeth.
How can air polishing benefit patients at Platinum Dental Care?
- Air polishing requires less time than traditional polishing methods
- It also considered equally safe and sometimes a superior alternative to traditional methods
- Air polishing is considered to be the least damaging and most efficient means of removing stain on enamel
- This method removes up to 100% of dental plaque which also helps to prevent decay, gingivitis and gum disease
- Can be used on dental implants
- No heat is generated by the procedure
Platinum Dental Care will be introducing a number of new hygiene treatments from January 2015, so keep your eyes peeled for New Year offers!
For more information on air polishing or any other treatments, please call us on 020 7531 1717 or book an appointment.